[ABANDONED] SES 3.30 crash MAC OS X High Sierra 10.13.2

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] SES 3.30 crash MAC OS X High Sierra 10.13.2

Hi,
    When I launch SES 3.30 from Terminal, I get error below.

modalSession has been exited prematurely - check for a reentrant call to endModalSession

Then it pops up 'We're Sorry window' that SES has encountered a problem needs to close.

Ho do I fix it?

Regards,
    ilkay KOZAK
  • Hello Ilkay,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Could you try the following and see if it improves the behaviour?

To check what might go wrong, could you provide the following files from the machines it fails on?

- The project file to be opened and its session state files (the .emProject and the .emSession)
    - The global ES settings file (~/Library/SEGGER/SEGGER Embedded Studio/v3/settings.xml)
    - If present, the latest dump from ~/Library/SEGGER/SEGGER Embedded Studio/v3/dumps

After you attached these files, you can delete the settings.xml and the emSession file. Does ES start again afterwards?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Nino,
    I found that if my J_Link Pro is connected it crashes. After disconnecting it works properly.
    But When I start debugging it crashes again. What can I do to fix it? (Ozone also works properly.)
    I use J-Link Software v6.22c .
    Regards,

ilkay KOZAK
  • When I lauch SES 3.30 using Terminal.app, crash log is below when I try to enter debug.
    Regards,
    ilkay KOZAK

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff}
    p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; min-height: 13.0px}
    span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures}

Last login: Thu Dec 14 22:31:07 on ttys000

/Applications/SEGGER\ Embedded\ Studio\ 3.30/SEGGER\ Embedded\ Studio\ 3.30.app/Contents/MacOS/emStudio ; exit;

ilkay-MBP:~ ilkaykozak$ /Applications/SEGGER\ Embedded\ Studio\ 3.30/SEGGER\ Embedded\ Studio\ 3.30.app/Contents/MacOS/emStudio ; exit;

/Users/ilkaykozak/Projects/mbed-os-example-blinky/mbed-os/platform/mbed_retarget.h:55:10: fatal error: 'sys/fcntl.h' file not found

/Users/ilkaykozak/Projects/mbed-os-example-blinky/mbed-os/targets/TARGET_STM/TARGET_STM32F2/device/stm32f2xx_hal_def.h:133:24: error: no matching function for call to '__LDREXW'

/Users/ilkaykozak/Projects/mbed-os-example-blinky/mbed-os/cmsis/TARGET_CORTEX_M/TOOLCHAIN_GCC/cmsis_gcc.h:996:57: note: candidate function not viable: no known conversion from 'volatile unsigned long *' to 'volatile uint32_t *' (aka 'volatile unsigned int *') for 1st argument

/Users/ilkaykozak/Projects/mbed-os-example-blinky/mbed-os/targets/TARGET_STM/TARGET_STM32F2/device/stm32f2xx_hal_def.h:135:11: error: no matching function for call to '__STREXW'

/Users/ilkaykozak/Projects/mbed-os-example-blinky/mbed-os/cmsis/TARGET_CORTEX_M/TOOLCHAIN_GCC/cmsis_gcc.h:1047:57: note: candidate function not viable: no known conversion from 'volatile unsigned long *' to 'volatile uint32_t *' (aka 'volatile unsigned int *') for 2nd argument

/Users/ilkaykozak/Projects/mbed-os-example-blinky/mbed-os/targets/TARGET_STM/TARGET_STM32F2/device/stm32f2xx_hal_def.h:143:24: error: no matching function for call to '__LDREXW'

/Users/ilkaykozak/Projects/mbed-os-example-blinky/mbed-os/cmsis/TARGET_CORTEX_M/TOOLCHAIN_GCC/cmsis_gcc.h:996:57: note: candidate function not viable: no known conversion from 'volatile unsigned long *' to 'volatile uint32_t *' (aka 'volatile unsigned int *') for 1st argument

/Users/ilkaykozak/Projects/mbed-os-example-blinky/mbed-os/targets/TARGET_STM/TARGET_STM32F2/device/stm32f2xx_hal_def.h:145:11: error: no matching function for call to '__STREXW'

/Users/ilkaykozak/Projects/mbed-os-example-blinky/mbed-os/cmsis/TARGET_CORTEX_M/TOOLCHAIN_GCC/cmsis_gcc.h:1047:57: note: candidate function not viable: no known conversion from 'volatile unsigned long *' to 'volatile uint32_t *' (aka 'volatile unsigned int *') for 2nd argument

/Users/ilkaykozak/Projects/mbed-os-example-blinky/mbed-os/platform/mbed_retarget.h:55:10: fatal error: 'sys/fcntl.h' file not found

2017-12-14 22:41:00.446 emStudio[10916:238882] modalSession has been exited prematurely - check for a reentrant call to endModalSession:

The process has forked and you cannot use this CoreFoundation functionality safely. You MUST exec().

Break on __THE_PROCESS_HAS_FORKED_AND_YOU_CANNOT_USE_THIS_COREFOUNDATION_FUNCTIONALITY___YOU_MUST_EXEC__() to debug.

The process has forked and you cannot use this CoreFoundation functionality safely. You MUST exec().

Break on __THE_PROCESS_HAS_FORKED_AND_YOU_CANNOT_USE_THIS_COREFOUNDATION_FUNCTIONALITY___YOU_MUST_EXEC__() to debug.

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

Deleting expired sessions...4 completed.

[Process completed]
  • Hello Ilkay,

We tried to reproduce the issue with the same setup as yours but Embedded Studio is launching just fine from the console with J-Link Pro attached.
    Could you provide us with the serialnumber of the J-Link used?
    Does the crash happen with other projects too?
    Could you create a generic project, then close Embedded Studio and then reopen it again with console?
    Does the issue persist?

Could you provide us with the project you are using or with a project where this issue is reproducible?

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello Nino,
    My J-Link Pro Serial is 174402868 .
    I also use Parallels desktop . I don't know if this causes that crash.
    I've created a demo project for STM32F207xx .
    It is same. When I launch SES it crashes if J_link Pro is connected.
    I face same problem on my Macbook Pro too. (You can find attached project and picture.)

Regards,
    ilkay KOZAK
    Images
    • Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 15.26.13.png

309.63 kB, 1,178×1,252, viewed 435 times
    Files
    • emt2.zip

(447.93 kB, downloaded 408 times, last: )
  • Hello Ilkay,

Thank you for providing the project.
    Even with the project we were not able to reproduce any issues.
    We released a new ES version V3.34. Could you try it out and report back if it is working now?
    Are you running ES in the Parallels Desktop or natively on your MacOS?

To check what might go wrong, could you provide the following files from the machines it fails on?

- The project file to be opened and its session state files (the .emProject and the .emSession)
    - The global ES settings file (~/Library/SEGGER/SEGGER Embedded Studio/v3/settings.xml)
    - If present, the latest dump from ~/Library/SEGGER/SEGGER Embedded Studio/v3/dumps

Could you zip them up and attach to this thread?

Best regards,
    Nino