[SOLVED] Connecting J-Link via USB within ARM DS-5 IDE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Connecting J-Link via USB within ARM DS-5 IDE

Hi,
    I am using NXP iMX7 Sabre evaluation board, and am trying to create a debug session via J-Link Base probe, connected to the JTAG port of the board.
    When I am using the command line interface from Segger it works fine, I can connect and perform all command line commands.
    But trying to connect from within the WINDOWS ARM DS-5 environment, I cannot find the USB connection under Debug Configuration->CONNECTION.
    Looking at the BROWSE option it is empty.
    Looking at the Device manager I can see the j-Link Driver, so I assume it is configured fine.
    Can anyone assist here?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    To connect with DS-5 to J-Link you will need a J-Link Plus or higher model that includes the RDI/RDDI feature.
    More information can be found here: segger.com/products/debug-prob…technology/ides/arm-ds-5/

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

Currently J-link with DS-5 works only under Windows.
    Linux support is not planned at the moment.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.