DrawStreamedBitmapEx NumBytesReq is to big

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• DrawStreamedBitmapEx NumBytesReq is to big

Hello

I use with an external storage bitmap (DTA format) and when i calling the DrawStreamedBitmapEx function, it calling the GetData(...) function, is the value of the NumBytesReq 19600.

So how can i tell to emwin to request less bytes every time.
    my screen is 800 pixel so according the emwin guide its recommend for one pixel line that is 1600 bytes
  • RE: DrawStreamedBitmapEx NumBytesReq is to big

kfir wrote:

Hello

I use with an external storage bitmap (DTA format) and when i calling the DrawStreamedBitmapEx function, it calling the GetData(...) function, is the value of the NumBytesReq 19600.

So how can i tell to emwin to request less bytes every time.
    my screen is 800 pixel so according the emwin guide its recommend for one pixel line that is 1600 bytes
    I see on the simulation on windows is the NumBytesReq is 6400 (4 rows of the picture 1600*4).

How can i configured how much bytes to request.
  • Hi,

There is no way to tell the function how many bytes the _GetData() function should ask for.

It requires memory for at least one line which gets allocated from the GUI memory (set in GUIConf.c with GUI_ALLOC_AssignMemory()). emWin checks how much memory is available. If there is enough memory to get the whole image it requests the whole image data at once. If there is not enough memory for the whole image it calls for only one line at once.

Regards,
    Sven
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.