[SOLVED] Questions about Ozone

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Questions about Ozone

I have a J-Link EDU and have installed Ozone for the first time. I am using CLion as my IDE and am starting Ozone from there using the following command:
    Ozone <myproject.jdebug>
    This works pretty well, however, I have a few questions:
    • Every time I want to initiate a new debug session I have to restart Ozone (which takes a few seconds). Is there a way to get the running instance of Ozone to reload the elf file without having to restart?
    • Each time load Ozone and hit connect I get a message saying "without a valid license....run in evaluation mode" and have to click OK to dismiss it, which is slowing down my workflow somewhat. How can I purchase a license? I searched the website but couldn't find any way of actually purchasing the software.
    Additionally, I get the following output when running Ozone from the command line:
    2017-10-01 21:56:20.898613+0100 Ozone[48151:5644842] WARNING: The Gestalt selector gestaltSystemVersion is returning 10.9.6 instead of 10.12.6. This is not a bug in Gestalt -- it is a documented limitation. Use NSProcessInfo's operatingSystemVersion property to get correct system version number.
    Call location:
    2017-10-01 21:56:20.899045+0100 Ozone[48151:5644842] 0 CarbonCore 0x00007fff7ae171b1 ___Gestalt_SystemVersion_block_invoke + 121
    2017-10-01 21:56:20.899054+0100 Ozone[48151:5644842] 1 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff8f65f8fc _dispatch_client_callout + 8
    2017-10-01 21:56:20.899073+0100 Ozone[48151:5644842] 2 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff8f65f8b9 dispatch_once_f + 38
    2017-10-01 21:56:20.899078+0100 Ozone[48151:5644842] 3 CarbonCore 0x00007fff7ada5292 _Gestalt_SystemVersion + 976
    2017-10-01 21:56:20.899096+0100 Ozone[48151:5644842] 4 CarbonCore 0x00007fff7ada4aad Gestalt + 139
    2017-10-01 21:56:20.899101+0100 Ozone[48151:5644842] 5 libQtCore.4.8.6.dylib 0x0000000105125fb6 _GLOBAL__I__Z8qVersionv + 22
    2017-10-01 21:56:20.899105+0100 Ozone[48151:5644842] 6 ??? 0x000000010e1f0a1b 0x0 + 4531882523
  • Hi,

How can I purchase a license?

Additional licenses are not a available for J-Link EDU.
    Additional licenses are only available for J-Link BASE.
    The Ozone license is included in the RDI / RDDI license, which currently is 198€ (point 8.08.03 on the price list)
    J-Link PLUS or higher come with all additional licenses included.

Since J-Link BASE + a Ozone license add up to a price equal to the J-Link PLUS, I would recommend buying a J-Link PLUS, since it comes with all additional licenses free of charge, like unlimited flash breakpoints.

Please note that the J-Link EDU can only be used for evaluation purposes (if not used for university / hobbyist use cases).

Regarding your other questions: I forwarded this thread to our Ozone expert. :)

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Don,

Every time I want to initiate a new debug session I have to restart Ozone (which takes a few seconds). Is there a way to get the running instance of Ozone to reload the elf file without having to restart?

I don't quite understand why you need to restart Ozone each time in your case. Can't you simply stop the debug session (red On/Off icon in the top right corner of Ozone) and restart it again?

Could you post a screenshot of your open Ozone debug session?

Additionally, I get the following output when running Ozone from the command line:

What OS are you using currently? Does it run in a VM or natively?
    With what parameters do you call Ozone?

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• So I figured out that if I just rebuild my .elf file from within CLion rather than re-initiating a debug session Ozone automatically detects this and prompts me to reload it - no need to restart - great!

I am using OSX 10.12.6 on a 2016 Macbook Pro. Ozone is running natively.

Here's the parameters I use to call Ozone:

Ozone.app /Users/donturner/PCode/workspace-kinetis/blinky/blinky.jdebug
  • Hello Don,

So I figured out that if I just rebuild my .elf file from within CLion rather than re-initiating a debug session Ozone automatically detects this and prompts me to reload it - no need to restart - great!

Great to hear that it is working for you now as expected.

Here's the parameters I use to call Ozone:

Ozone.app /Users/donturner/PCode/workspace-kinetis/blinky/blinky.jdebug

The error messages that you are seeing when starting Ozone through a commandline are QT internal errors.
    As a workaround it might work to call Ozone with a differente GUI-theme that does not produce these errors under OSX.

Could you try the following options?

Ozone --style Plastique or
    Ozone --style Windows or
    Ozone --style CleanLooks

Does one of these solve the issue?

Best regards,
    Nino

• I had to add an '=' to get the different styles to work:

Ozone --style=Plastique

however, I still got the Qt warnings from CLion. Interestingly if I launch Ozone from the terminal I do not see these warnings, although that may just be because the terminal doesn't show warnings by default.

It's not stopping me from using Ozone I just thought you should know - the warning seems to from libQtCore, maybe building against a newer version of OSX SDK would fix it, as per: bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-46162
  • Hello Don,

I had to add an '=' to get the different styles to work:

Sorry, mistake on my end when copy pasting the commands.

It's not stopping me from using Ozone I just thought you should know - the warning seems to from libQtCore, maybe building against a newer version of OSX SDK would fix it, as per: bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-46162

I will forward this to our Ozone developer and see if this issue can be fixed in a future version of Ozone without updating qt.

Best regards,
    Nino