[ABANDONED] JScope dead after 6.14d updated.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] JScope dead after 6.14d updated.

I had used Jscope to tune the system for realtime debug (By HSS) for a long time.

Yesterday, I updated the JLINK firmware to version 6.14d. unfortunately, the Jscope cannot work. It always dead after 1-2 seconds. At the same time, the JLINK was disconnected. But if I don't use the Jscope, the jlink was always connected.

My version:
    win7 32bit
    IDE: IAR 8.11
    Jlink: v9 standard, firmware:6.14d
    Jscope: 5.11d

I highly doubted that the firmware had some bugs with Jscope. But I cannot downgrade my jlink.

Please teach me how to do. :(
  • Hello,

are you using Jscope 5.10d?

If the J-Link disconnects, this is very likely an internal problem within the firmware. I just gave it a try with different v9 models and our emPower board, but all of them are working well.

Could you please tell us the serial number of your J-Link?
    Which hardware are you connecting to?
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Arne wrote:

Hello,

are you using Jscope 5.10d?

If the J-Link disconnects, this is very likely an internal problem within the firmware. I just gave it a try with different v9 models and our emPower board, but all of them are working well.

Could you please tell us the serial number of your J-Link?
    Which hardware are you connecting to?
    My serial number is 59102233.
    I connected to my own hardware with TSB MCU TMPM470(cortex-M4).
    My current experience was that if I output a float data, it was high possible to disconnect the JLINK.
    My current Jscope version was 5.11d.

even I had tried to force the float to integer then output integer, it also disconnect.
    But before I upgraded the JLINK, everything is ok. please teach me how to downgrade.

The post was edited 1 time, last by hawken ().

• Hello,

thanks for the information, we have a TMPM475 evaluation board and will try to reproduce it.

Could you please test, if the disconnect also appears if you use a blank device?
    Is it possible for you to send us the J-Scope project file?

Meanwhile you can try to use our latest beta of J-Scope (v6.11f).

If you want to downgrade the firmware, please have a look at the J-Link user manual UM08001 chapter 17.5.
    Downdating the firmware is not recommended and done on your own risk.

Regards
    Arne

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello,

Thank you for downgrade method. Everything is OK after I downgrade the firmware to 5.10m(Very old, but I have no time to try other).

It did not relate with the Jscope version. It only related with the firmware. During the problem solving period, I had tried 6.14d,6.14f,6.15c. They all had the problem.

I hope you can find the bugs ASAP because I need the new TSB M47X MCU flash support.

Anyway, if you have any question, please contact me freely, I will support you to find the bugs.

the attached is the jscope file.
    Files
    • M470n.zip

(1.18 kB, downloaded 290 times, last: )
  • Hello,

did you try using a blank target?

This information would be very helpful, since it might have something to do with the application running on the target.

Regards,
    Arne

• BTW, during the test period, I had tried:

Different JLINK: SN:59102233, SN:59103035
    Different Laptop environment: win7, win10.
    Jscope Version: 5.10c,5.10d,5.11d,6.11f
    Firmware version: 6.14d,6.14f,6.15c

They all did not work properly.

After downgrade to 5.10m. Every environment was OK.

Please check the firmware! ;)
  • SEGGER - Arne wrote:

Hello,

did you try using a blank target?

This information would be very helpful, since it might have something to do with the application running on the target.

Regards,
    Arne
    I tried the blank target. But there was no display in Jscope. I considered it was because the MCU was halted.

I tried the same on 5.10m firm and 6.14f firm. it was the same. no display in Jscope. I think it means nothing.
  • Hello,

I am using a TMPM475 (should be the same as TMPM470 but with CAN interface) with your J-Scope project and a minimal application (register counter).
    It is currently running for over 20 minutes without any problems and with J-Link DLL/firmware v6.14d, no USB disconnect at all.

Is there anything in your setup, I didn't regard? Do you leave your IDE connected to the MCU?

Could you please check, if it works with a minimal application on your side?

Regards,
    Arne