J-Link, 5V Supply

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Link, 5V Supply

Hello,

I'm unsure, I already sent one J-Link back as the 5V Supply seems dead, it does not supply 5V.

I try to power an STM32F4 Discovery with it and double-double-checked the wiring already.

I expected that there would be 5V available when I plug in the J-Link (measured between pin 4 and pin 19).

I don't think the wiring is incorrect as when I externally power the Discovery board I can read a valid VTref on pin 1:

SEGGER J-Link Commander V6.10c (Compiled Sep 28 2016 18:30:32)
    DLL version V6.10c, compiled Sep 28 2016 18:30:23

Connecting to J-Link via USB...O.K.
    Firmware: J-Link V9 compiled Sep 1 2016 18:29:50
    Hardware version: V9.40
    S/N: 269402916
    License(s): FlashBP, GDB
    OEM: SEGGER-EDU
    VTref = 2.958V

Type "connect" to establish a target connection, '?' for help

On the other hand, I can't connect to the device, I still need to clarify this.

I use J-Link on Linux, not sure if this may be related to the issue.

Can anybody explain if my understanding is incorrect?

Thanks for any hints,
    Torsten
  • Hi,

Yes, Kenny is right. In the default configuration J-Link does not supply power on pin 19.
    You can either switch it on permanently with J-Link commander and the command "power on perm" or until the next disconnect with "power on".

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.