Inquiry for emload / Renesas RL78

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Inquiry for emload / Renesas RL78

Dear Segger,

i'm using Renesas RL78 G14 (64KB ROM) as MCU of my new project
    (Electronic speed controller for RC hobby),
    i hope MY customer can update firmware by themselves after they bought the product:
    e.g. PC > USB-to-UART > RL78 (UART)

Question:
    1) is emload the product i need ?
    2) If YES, is emload supporting RL78 G14 ?

Thanks A LOT!
  • Dear bitmap,

1) is emload the product i need ?
    Yes, emLoad can be used to update the firmware image of your target (emLoad will always stay in the first flash sectors of your MCU to ensure the target remains accessible for another firmware update).
    With the pure emLoad package your customer will have to use the HexLoad tool which can do even more than just updating. If you want to make it easy for your customer the source code for the emLoad Updater can be purchased as well.
    2) If YES, is emload supporting RL78 G14 ?
    At the moment we do not have an out of the box port for RL78 available. You can either choose to purchase the pure emLoad Generic code which means to port it to the MCU yourself (UART and Flash access needs to be ported) or to request an offer from us to do the porting.
    For the latter please contact us via email as you did previously.

Best regards,
    Oliver Olligs
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Dear bitmap,

I am very sorry that we did not get back to you via email. It seems your email did not reach us.
    However I can see that you contacted our U.S. sales and they forwarded your request to us.

We will get back to you via email as soon as possible. We are sorry for the delay.

Best regards,
    Oliver Olligs
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.