You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Thursday, March 29th 2012, 7:06pm

Author: pawdrexel

DNS_CLIENT_UPDT support is incomplete

I tried defining DNS_CLIENT_UPDT, but the compiler returned several warnings and an error when compiling IP_DNSC.c: Error: 'dns_servers' is undeclared - I assume this is an array of DNS IP addresses, not 100% sure Warning: implicit declaration of 'MEMCPY' - will lead to link error, probably needs to be change to IP_MEMCPY Warning: impicit declaration of 'tk_yield' (a holdover from interniche) - will lead to link error, probably needs to be changed to OS_Yield Warning: 'getsoa' declared static bu...

Friday, December 16th 2011, 12:22am

TCP Window Scaling Option

embOS/IP's support for TCP window scaling is incomplete and I think there may be a bug in the code that prevents proper support. Window scaling allows a host to specify receive/send windows that are larger than 65535 bytes by specifying an optional scaling factor during the connection (SYN) phase. This is useful in cases where the receiver has a lot of memory (say a PC) and the sender has a lot of data to send quickly. Of course, the sender needs a fair amount of memory too in order to hold the ...

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 6:35pm

Task Priorities Question

All of the MainTask() task functions of embOS/IP example applications are structured like this... C/C++ Source code 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 void MainTask(void) { IP_Init(); OS_SetPriority(OS_GetTaskID(), 255); // This task has highest prio! OS_CREATETASK(&_TCB, "IP_Task", IP_Task, 150, _Stack); #if USE_RX_TASK OS_CREATETASK(&_IPRxTCB, "IP_RxTask", IP_RxTask, 140, _IPRxStack); // Start the IP_RxTask, optional. #endif while (IP_IFaceIsReady() == 0) { OS_Delay(50); } // // S...

Wednesday, November 16th 2011, 8:04pm

embOS/IP Demo Using Rowley CrossStudio - Revised Procedure

I'm running Rowley Cross Studio ARM (longest version number ever) on Windows XP SP3. My targets are the Embedded Artists LPC2478 32-bit board and my own custom LPC2468-based board. Just received my embOS 3.82i and embOS/IP 1.62.07 source. I had no trouble getting the embOS Start_2Tasks demo going "right out of the box." However, the embOS/IP OS_IP_SimpleServer demo took a little more effort than suggested by the 3 steps in Chapter 2 of the embOS/IP User Guide (UM07001). I...