You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 32.

Thursday, March 9th 2017, 2:18pm

Author: SEGGER - Martin

Task number limitations on SystemView and EmbOSView

Hi Vincent, Thanks for getting back at this. For an easier communication, I will contact you by email in a few minutes. Best regards, Martin

Tuesday, January 3rd 2017, 2:37pm

Using openVG with embOS

Hi Allan, Thank you for your inquiry. I'm not quite familiar with openVG and thus cannot give specific advise on that. Generally speaking, however, there isn't many differences between a super-loop application and an embOS application with 1 task only. One of these differences is the hardware initialization performed by embOS, which configures a hardware timer to periodically generate an interrupt as a time basis for the OS, and may furthermore include modifications to the clock and PLL configur...

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 5:37pm

Hi Vincent, As said above, the limit is imposed by embOS. There's no limit on the embOSView side of communications. We have, however, decided to lift this limit in upcoming versions of embOS: While the upcoming release V4.30, unfortunately, has already been scheduled and thus will not include any changes to this, we will gladly introduce the respective changes with the subsequent embOS release V4.32. Of course, we will notify you once that version becomes available. Best regards, Martin

Monday, November 28th 2016, 7:19pm

System View Module not configured

Hi Owain, I had contacted you via email while you were providing this additional information. Hence, with your approval, I'd like to suggest to continue this conversation via email. Still, to answer to your recent remarks: Quoted from "Owain" But it seems to be connecting to some kind of simulated target. "embOS start project (embOS) on ST32F207ZG" This information is included in one of the source files contained with one of our start projects. Particularly, this is contained in the source file ...

Monday, November 28th 2016, 5:33pm

System View Module not configured

Dear Owain, Thanks for your inquiry. The "Systemview module not configured" message usually is issued when SystemView was not initialized on the target side, e.g. through a call to SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Conf(). With embOS V4.261 for Cortex-M and IAR, a call to SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Conf() is included with OS_InitHW() inside the source file RTOSInit.c. Hence, I'd like to ask whether you had updated your RTOSInit.c as well when updating to the most recent embOS version? In case that call was already included wi...

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 11:14am

EmbOS for V850ES

Dear majk, Thanks for your inquiry. It's correct that IAR has performed changes to the runtime model with more recent versions of the IAR workbench for V850, and that we have not yet updated our embOS port to reflect those changes. However, we can of course perform an according update to our software within short time. Could you please contact us directly via Email to discuss further details? Best regards, Martin

Wednesday, November 2nd 2016, 6:48pm

Hi Vincent, Thank you for your inquiry. This limit is currently imposed by embOS, for an appropiately sized buffer is required on the target side. For a default that fits most cases, 50 tasks were then deemed appropriate in order to keep memory consumption to a minimum. I'm sorry this proves to be insufficient to you now. We'll consider changing this for upcoming releases of our software. Best regards, SEGGER Support embOS Martin PS: If you're a registered embOS customer, please also consider co...

Thursday, October 20th 2016, 4:59pm

RE: How to draw container which is being gradually filling and vacant as per attached image here using emwin?

Quoted from "rutvij trivedi" Its probably my 7th post here and i don't understand why any of them haven't been answered by segger peoples. Dear rutvij trivedi, I'm sorry you did not receive an answer to your questions. Please be aware, however, that this forum is not monitored by SEGGER technical support personnel as per its terms of use. Instead, its primary purpose is to allow for communication between users. That is, while SEGGER technical support might occasionally participate in forum disc...

Tuesday, August 23rd 2016, 5:38pm

resume before suspend on heavy CPU load

Dear Christian, Thanks for your inquiry. embOS does offer several means to solve this situation, one of which is task events. Using these, task1 were to suspend itself using "OS_WaitEvent(BITMASK)", and could subsequently be resumed through calling "OS_SignalEvent(BITMASK, &task1_ControlBlock)" from within the ISR. More information may also be found inside the User & Reference Guide for embOS, Chapter 10 "Task events". Please let me know if I can be of any further help. Best regards, SEGGER - Su...

Friday, August 12th 2016, 9:51am

HardFault_handler in GUI_Init ()

HI hibiscusblau, It seems the assembler confuses "--cpreproc" (2 hyphens) with "-c" (1 hyphen). Can you please check the number of hyphens on your command line? Best regards, Martin Edit: I just noticed I had the second hyphen missing in my post as well, probably causing this issue in the first place. I have subsequently corrected my post. Please kindly excuse any inconvenience caused!

Thursday, August 11th 2016, 5:54pm

HardFault_handler in GUI_Init ()

Quoted from "hibiscusblau" If I try to put you code: generic HardFault handler (https://www.segger.com/downloads/appnote…aultHandler.zip) is generating some errors. Dear hibiscusblau, Since you are using Keil, I assume the observed errors refer to the preprocessor directives contained in HardFaultHandler.S. This is due to the fact that by default Keil does not preprocess assembly files. To enable preprocessing of assembly files, please add --cpreproc to your assembler options. Does this solve t...

Wednesday, August 10th 2016, 10:52am

OS_TIMER in IAR

Dear Josema, Thank you for your inquiry. The observed issue has already been addressed with the most recent releases of the embOS plug-ins, e.g. plug-in version 7.10.2.1 for use with V7.1 to V7.4 of the IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM, and plug-in version 7.50.2.1 for use with V7.5 and later. Our most recent plug-in releases are publicly available for download at segger.com, but will of course be included in upcoming releases of embOS for Cortex-M and IAR as well. Please let me know if I can be o...

Monday, July 25th 2016, 6:41pm

Cannot see stack or run count with LIBMODE_D

Dear Kenny, Quoted With LIBMODE_D I cannot see the run count or stack information but I thought this build had all the debug options turned on? The _DP build works fine. I could not reproduce this with our start projects, in which both libmodes work fine. To ask for further details on your setup, however, I will contact you via email in a few minutes. Quoted Found the option to enable build output in a pull-down in the output window. Also under the Tools menu Options... . Yes, that's correct. Al...

Friday, July 22nd 2016, 11:43am

MPU definition collision between RTOS.h and core_cm4.h

Dear Kenny, Quoted from "Kenny" I also use C++ and have my own classes for the peripherals including the NVIC. Generally defining SysTick_Handler and OSHW_Init() are pretty straight forward but I also remove many of the very sparse comments and macro definitions and anything unnecessary for my specific port for maintainability. The many macro if/else make the code very difficult to read and I try to minimize this. I understand that you probably do have to keep all of this in here to avoid code r...

Friday, July 22nd 2016, 11:41am

[ABANDONED] JlinkMEM

Dear Kenny, To hopefully avoid any misunderstanding: As Niklas said, J-Mem is a tool for Windows and pretty much a standalone memory window. More information on it can be found at: segger.com JLinkMEM on the other hand, as you have probably encountered it in our RTOSInit files, is a data handler used for ARM J-Link communication over memory, and as such can be used for communcation between embOS on your target hardware and embOSView on your computer via JLink. This, by the way, is its only purpo...

Thursday, July 21st 2016, 3:37pm

RE: MPU definition collision between RTOS.h and core_cm4.h

Dear Kenny, Thank you for pointing us towards this. Your objection is basically correct: While we do not re-define any symbols already defined inside the CMSIS header, we do use "MPU" as a name for a structure member inside RTOS.h. This results in the observed problem with embOS-MPU (but not embOS) when both core_cm4.h and RTOS.h are included in that exact order. We will address this and likely change the member's name in future releases. In the meantime, however, a possible workaround is to inc...

Friday, March 11th 2016, 10:23am

EmbOS V4.12a and SystemView V2.10: struct OS_TRACE_API size mismatch

embOS V4.16 has now been released for Cortex-M and Keil MDK. Please kindly excuse any inconvenience caused. Best regards, Martin

Tuesday, March 1st 2016, 3:33pm

embOS and STM32 CubeMX

Dear Stefan, The latest release of embOS for Cortex-M and Rowley did include the "User & Reference Guide for embOS". Chapter 24.2 of that guide (starting on page 381) displays a table of each possible error code together with a short explanation. If you feel any of these descriptions is unclear or insufficient, please do not hesitate to contact us for further information. Best regards, Martin

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 3:02pm

RE: Task priority

Dear Rebel, Quoted from "Rebel" Lets say TaskA is on line "Log.Error = "No money"; " Can be TaskB now become active? The scheduler will activate the task that has the highest priority of all tasks in the READY state. Hence, if Task B becomes ready while Task A is being executed, Task A gets preempted and Task B will become active. Further information may also be found inside our User & Reference Guide for embOS, chapter 2.4 ("Scheduling"). Quoted from "Rebel" TaskB call same function with differ...

Wednesday, February 17th 2016, 2:52pm

OS_InitHW() - manul

Dear Rebel, Quoted from "Rebel" I would like to how to integrate embOS to any system. Do you provide OS_InitHW()? Or is this done by manufacturer of processor? Yes, OS_InitHW() usually is provided by SEGGER. If you want to run embOS on a target for which we do not provide a start project, however, you may also edit OS_InitHW() by yourself. Generally speaking, the mandatory changes for this purpose are the initialization of the hardware timer to use with your device, and possibly some changes to ...