You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Search results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

Wednesday, December 6th 2017, 5:22pm

Author: shurui

Start application for empty SAMG55 devices in production environment

I still could not get an empty chip to start up reliably. Sometimes one method works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it works on this one, and doesn't work on the other one. The only reliable way is to go to J-flash, do manual production-erase chip, manual production-programverify, manual production-start app. I've also tried to break the command statement into 3 pieces, first one -erasechip, 2nd -programverify, 3rd -startapp. And it *sometimes* would work on *some* chips. I don't know what to ...

Monday, December 4th 2017, 5:36pm

This morning I tried the following on one board: Added a delay of 500ms in the exit steps, ran it using the command: start /min "J-Flash" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V622a\jFlash.exe" -openprjProjectFile.jflash -openData.hex -auto -startapp -exit It did not start the chip up. I then increased the delay to 1000ms, and also checked start application via reset pin, and ran the command again. This time the chip was fired up correctly. Since I did two changes at the same time, I'm not sure w...

Monday, December 4th 2017, 3:54pm

Hi Nino, Yes, the reset pin is connected correctly. Even a power-cycle wouldn't bring the unit up. What I do to make it work is that: step 1. Program the unit -- either through the command line or the JFlash GUI interface. The command I use is: start /min "J-Flash" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V620c\jFlash.exe" -openprjProjectFile.jflash -openData.hex -auto -startapp -exit step 2. Start application in JFlash -- Go to JFlash GUI interface -> manual programming -> start application (F9). T...

Sunday, December 3rd 2017, 6:59am

Hi, I'm trying to flash 2 daisy chained SAMG55 chips using J-Flash. For an empty chip, I will have to manually start application in J-Flash after programming the chip. I need to program the chips in production environment and I'm using a batch file to automate the process. I have tried the following: 1. In J-Flash project settings, check 'start application' (tried both SFR and reset pin) 2. Add -startapp command in the batch file so my script looks like this: start /min "J-Flash" "C:\Program Fil...

Thursday, July 20th 2017, 9:11pm

Issues with JFlash.exe Flashing 2 Daisy Chained Atmel SAMG55J19 (JLink Commander.exe would Work as Expected)

So the situation is as follows: While the applications are running you cannot do anything with J-Link to connect to the target. --Yes, and by 'running' I mean actually running, as demonstrated by being detected in USB enumeration, able to take commands and respond, etc. Once the internal flash is erased via the erase pin, you can connect to the target and program, unless a reset is issued, which causes the connect to fail. However, if the (erased) device is power cycled after a reset, you can co...

Wednesday, July 19th 2017, 8:34pm

Issues with JFlash.exe Flashing 2 Daisy Chained Atmel SAMG55J19 (JLink Commander.exe would Work as Expected)

Niklas, For the particular chip I'm talking about, it can be erased at power-up by doing following steps: 1. Assert the ERASE pin (PB12, High). 2. Assert the NRST pin (NRST, Low). 3. Power cycle the device. 4. Maintain the ERASE pin high for at least the minimum assertion time. Thanks,

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 8:17pm

Niklas, Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried with no init/exit steps loaded in JFlash.exe and it works like magic: both chips are properly programmed and applications start running, just like in JLink Commander.exe. I do have another issue coming along with removing the init steps. It looks like JTAG does not have the control over the chips if the applications are running. When I tried to connect to the target, I'm encountering error: Connecting ... - Connecting via USB to J-Link device 0 - T...

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 5:20pm

I have two daisy-chained ATSAMG55J19 chips that I believe have been properly configured on the board. I'm using J-Link Plus programmer to program the two chips in both JFlash.exe and JLink Commander.exe and I'm getting different results in the two environments: 1. In JFlash.exe, I can detect both devices, and I can get both programmed as long as I don't do 'start application' after I get Dev0 in the chain (Device that's closer to TDO on JTAG, Position=0, IR length=0) programmed. However even tho...