You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 72.

Thursday, January 5th 2017, 5:09am

Author: Kenny

[Resolved] J-Trace with STM32F746

Silly mistake on my end. I had the 19-pin adapter connected to the Target side instead of direct cable to Target + Trace. ...... I'm not seeing any trace data. Traceport with 4-bit is selected. When I step the Trace LED blinks orange and the debugger stepping is definitely slower. If I run the Trace LED is always orange. This is a custom board. J-Trace for Cortex-M V3.2 SES 3.10i OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan)

Monday, December 12th 2016, 6:34pm

Flashing (1 Hz) Red LED

It's 500/500 ms. It does this when disconnected from the target altogether. Had no functional issues all weekend while debugging. Actually the red/green is appropriate for the holidays.

Saturday, December 10th 2016, 7:59pm

Flashing (1 Hz) Red LED

Hi, I have a JLink Plus V9.3 attached to a new board containing an STM32F746 and the red LED is flashing at 1 Hz. The manual suggests that this is a fatal error. So far things seem to be working correctly. The board brings out trace to the 19-pin Cortex connector. Thanks, Kenny

Sunday, November 13th 2016, 7:12am

STM32F746 Nucleo SES Git Repository

There is no application but DHCP is working and acquires a lease. PHY address was set to 1 by default in Cube rather than 0.

Sunday, November 13th 2016, 5:26am

STM32F746 Nucleo SES Git Repository

I used the ST Cube software to export source as an Atollic TrueStudio project and imported it into SES. My goal is simply to get the LWIP stack up and running with FreeRTOS on the STM32F746 Nucleo board. This first commit will build and prints 'Hello' once a second to the output window using RTT. My next step is to see if I can one of the basic LWIP demos to run. Maybe it will right away but if it doesn't then perhaps others may be interested to help me get this going. If nothing else you may re...

Saturday, November 12th 2016, 7:48pm

Improvements to Dynamic Folders (Feature Requests)

It would be useful if one could recursively convert a dynamic folder to a regular one. Also would it be possible to exclude an item in a dynamic folder from a build? I'm exporting code from ST Cube, creating an SES project, then importing that code using dynamic folders (because there are many and they are deep). I would like to exclude the vectors and reset handler and use those provided by SES. As it stands the easiest thing to do is remove those unwanted files (or at least move them to a fold...

Wednesday, October 26th 2016, 8:27pm

SES 3.10e trouble identifying hard fault

Commenting and uncommenting code is likely to confuse the issue when you have something like a hard fault. I'm actually battling one myself right now on an STM32F415. The system control block has some registers that you can inspect that can be helpful. Check your stacks for overflow if you are using an RTOS (the plugins for EMBOS and FreeRTOS will display this information). You can find hard fault handler code out there that will pull useful information off the stack. The real tool to use for th...

Wednesday, October 26th 2016, 8:15pm

Trace with SWO

This somehow fixed itself. Can now connect but I'm not getting any data. I do have SWO run to pin 6 of the so-called 9-pin connector. I simply enabled SWO as a trace option and tried some things with the trace window open in the debugger.

Wednesday, October 26th 2016, 5:44pm

Trace with SWO

When attempting to use trace with SWO I get a dialog "connect failed". The last line in the output window is: Executing script EnableTrace("SWO"). My target is an STM32F415. SES 3.10e. Best regards, Kenny

Wednesday, October 26th 2016, 2:56am

J-Link, 5V Supply

Hi Torsten, I do not think that the JLink 5V is enabled by default. Use JLink Commander to enable it permanently: power <state> [perm] is the syntax. Kenny

Monday, October 10th 2016, 9:56pm

__ARMVFP__

I believe this is another artifact of the EWARM import. I have given up on this approach and exported Atollic projects from Cube which has been successful.

Monday, October 10th 2016, 9:52pm

tmp* files on OS X

I've defined a single directory for my compiler output (*.d, *.o, *.elf, *.map etc). Over time I see a large number of files whose names begin with 'tmp'. Is this a bug? Can it be disabled? Silverback: ls tmp* tmpT2z7aY tmpgRuLoX tmptffH8U tmpyFE8nZ They seem to contain assembler output: .syntax unified .cpu cortex-m7 .eabi_attribute 28, 1 .fpu fpv5-d16 .eabi_attribute 20, 1 .eabi_attribute 21, 1 .eabi_attribute 23, 3 .eabi_attribute 24, 1 .eabi_attribute 25, 1 .eabi_attribute 26, 1 .eabi_attrib...

Sunday, October 9th 2016, 12:47am

__ARMVFP__

My imported ST Cube project is complaining: Quoted #ifndef __ARMVFP__ #error This port can only be used when the project options are configured to enable hardware floating point support. #endif I've selected hard floating point and the correct architecture in `Code Generation` (see attached). I can hack this and try to define this macro but what is the proper way to get this work. I have another (non-Cube) based project that does not use the ST HAL for this same processor with FreeRTOS integrate...

Saturday, October 8th 2016, 11:50pm

EWARM Import

I used the latest ST CubeMX to write an EMARM project and then tried to import it into SES. I selected internal toolchain only. So far I'm seeing two problems. The first is that nearly all the source files are flagged 'exclude from project'. The second is that the include files cannot be found. The project settings use the definition below. I have changed them to be prefixed with$(ProjectDir) which seems to work. Also a feature request: I have to now tell SES to include all the source files. If ...

Tuesday, September 6th 2016, 12:49am

Can SEGGER Embedded Studio support MKS22?

I haven't used this processor but I have some experience customizing SES. Here are a few things to look out for: You'll need to define a memory map and section placement file for your device. SES uses .xml files for this. They are pretty easy to edit and you can start with one for another processor. A nice feature of SES is that when you right-click a project to edit you can type in a partial search phrase. So searching for "map" of "placment" will narrow down the properties so you can see which...

Saturday, September 3rd 2016, 5:06am

Debug elf built by external gcc toolchain

Try "File->New Project..." then choose "An externally built executable...". Choose the correct processor and an .elf file. After the project is built you can start a debug session. I did have some problems resolving search paths for source files. Try adding directories using: Debug->Options->Search Paths...

Saturday, September 3rd 2016, 4:57am

Adding Build Dependencies

I'm sorry. I don't understand what you are trying to describe.

Wednesday, August 10th 2016, 7:44pm

Pointing to ARM Launchpad

I tried to use and could not. The user manual shows a list of ported template headers and it is not included. The latest GCC "Launchpad" does include this and GCC 5.x fully implements C++14 which is what I would like to do. Earlier on this forum I asked how I could point to other tools and was told I could do this by setting a single options setting but it seems that it is not this simple. The SES directory structure has as, cc1, and cc1plus etc in a single directory while the ARM directory has ...

Tuesday, August 9th 2016, 7:30pm

Adding Build Dependencies

Yes: A.o depends on A.cpp which depends on A.py. In one IDE I have used, they optionally included a Makefile if it existed. This allowed one to build additional dependencies and rules. It's not so much that the IDE needs to build it as the build system needs to recognize the dependency and the rule to build it. Thanks, Kenny