Thursday, October 19th 2017, 4:32pm UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are even more results, please redefine your search.

Yesterday, 4:15pm

Author: SEGGER - Niklas

Command implementation through dll with the Segger J-Link Plus

Hi, I do not understand what you mean with the term "implementation of commands via dll". Best regards, Niklas

Yesterday, 11:31am

j-Link can't halt the Cortex-M3 CPU

Hi, I could not reproduce any issue with an empty device / generic target application. Can you provide is with a target application in order to reproduce the issue? Do you use low power modes in the application? Does the target application constrain the debug unit of the target device in any way? Best regards, Niklas

Yesterday, 11:28am

J-Link SWO Viewer will lost first few characters

Hi, can you provide us with a reproducer? Which target device do you use? Could you please provide us with the S/N of your J-Link? Best regards, Niklas

Yesterday, 10:02am

J-Link+ problem connecting to Raspberry Pi 3

Hi, Quoted if I tried to specify Cortex-A7 to JLinkExe against Cortex-A53 chip (like the BCM2837 on RPi3) As I said before, and do not see how this is supposed to work. Cortex-A53 has different and more registers, and is most likely different in many other ways (I myself have not yet worked with Cortex-A53). Quoted What does Cortex-A7 mean to JLinkExe? Specifying a core to the J-Link software allows the J-Link to make assumptions necessary to connect to the target and allow basic debugging (like...

Yesterday, 9:16am

How to exec command strings in Eclipse?

Hi, Let me rephrase that: The SetResetType command is not deprecated, but we have not added any new ResetTypes in a long time and also do not plan to add new ones in the future. If a new devices does not work with the generic reset, in 80% of the cases it needs a custom reset, which fits no other device. Therefore, we implement a custom reset which is not selected by the user, but is selected automatically when selecting the device in the J-Link software. However, if SetResetType=4 works perfect...

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 5:19pm

JFLASH Error:could not perform target reset

Hi, could you please provide us with the serial number of your SEGGER product? Could you please provide us with a screenshot of J-Flash? Best regards, Niklas

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 5:15pm

Hi, It seems very unlikely to me that they are still selling v1. In case of doubt, I would ask them via mail / phone if they can tell you the hardware version or the first 4 digits of a serial number. As an alternative, it is possible to order directly from SEGGER: http://shop.segger.com/J_Link_ULTRA_p/8.16.28.htm [EU] http://shop-us.segger.com/J_Link_ULTRA_p/8.16.28.htm [US] Best regards, Niklas

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 4:20pm

JLinkGDBServer cannot reset and halt the CPU, while Ozone can

Hi, does it work for you when using the most recent J-Link version? Best regards, Niklas

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 3:07pm

Burn hex file using Jflash into DA1580 Device

Hi Ezza, Quoted All fine, I understood now, the problem si that the DA14580 does not have a flash. As far as I know, it can be ordered with Flash or OTP memory. Do you want to explain the task you need to do? (Why do you want to download the .hex file? For debugging / testing?) Or is everything fine, as you said? Best regards, Niklas

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 3:03pm

[SOLVED] [ARM] Running the JLinkGDBServer program on Raspberry Pi 3

Hi Henry, this thread was about running the J-Link software on a Raspberry Pi, but not about using a Raspberry Pi as a target device. Thanks for opening a dedicated thread for this issue. Best regards, Niklas

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 2:39pm

Hi, J-Flash Lite is used for flash memory programming. RAM programming should be done by the debugger, e.g. Ozone, embedded Studio or J-Link Commander. Maybe I misunderstand your use case. Do you have a different use case than debugging for download to RAM? Best regards, Niklas

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 2:10pm

Break OpenFlashLoader at least since v6.20e for Cortex-R4

Hi, thanks for the feedback and good to hear that it works for you! Best regards, Niklas

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 12:05pm

Hi, Quoted This is a link for DA14850 device: https://www.dialog-semiconductor.com/pro…artbond-da14580 This is the DataSheet link: https://www.dialog-semiconductor.com/sit…4580_ds_3v4.pdf I am confused. You say "DA14850", but link to "DA14580". Is DA14580 correct? Best regards, Niklas

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 11:51am

Hi, Cortex-A53 is currently not supported by J-Link. Support for ARMv8 64-bit is planned for end of the year-Q1/2018, but only for J-Link ULTRA+ v4 or higher. Cortex-A7 is not supported by J-Link V8, see https://wiki.segger.com/Software_and_Har…atures_Overview . I am not sure how debugging is supposed to work when selecting Cortex-A7 as the core. Is their some kind of compatibility ? Best regards, Niklas

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 11:30am

Hi Vitaliy, We could reproduce this issue and fixed it internally. Please find a preliminary version for download here: download.segger.com/Niklas/JLink_V621c_Preliminary_OpenFlashloaderAR_Fix.7z Could you please give it a try and provide feedback if it works for you? Best regards, Niklas

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 9:40am

NXP iMX7 Solo jtag problem

Hi, are you using an eval board or custom hardware? Which iMX7S device are you using? (e.g. MCIMX7S3, MCIMX7S5,....) Best regards, Niklas

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 9:33am

Broken J-Link Base (VTref = 0.00V)

Hi, sorry to hear that you experience issues with the J-Link. To be clear: it does still enumerate (J-Link LED is blinking and then steady green after connecting to PC)? It works when using another J-Link? Are you using to same target interface cable with both J-Links? Best regards, Niklas

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 9:30am

Hi Ezza, Quoted DA1580 DA14850 We are not aware of a DA14850 device. Do you mean 14580? If yes, what do you want to program, Flash or OTP? If no, could you provide or link us to the documentation of the DA14850 ? Best regards, Niklas

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 9:08am

JLink Commander Documentation not clear

Hi, "verifybin", is a command, not a command line option. Therefore, the example shows the complete command. You can use the command line option "-CommanderScript" in order to pass a list of commands to execute. This is also described in UM08001. Example: Source code 1 JLink.exe -device STM32F103ZE -if SWD -speed 4000 -CommanderScript C:\CommandFile.jlink Contents of CommandFile.jlink: Source code 1 2 3 4 connect r h loadbin C:\\firmware.bin,0x08000000 Best regards, Niklas

Monday, October 16th 2017, 3:43pm

Hi Vitaliy, Open Flashloader is supported on Cortex-M/R/A targets. Could you please provide us with a screenshot of the error message? Which application (J-Link Commander, J-Flash, 3rd party IDE) do you use with Open FlashLoader? Best regards, Niklas