You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 212.

Today, 9:37am

Author: SEGGER - Nino

The variables are not updated when the program is running

Hello, I am glad to hear it is working as expected now. Quoted Unfortunately, the project is compiled once, on the second compilation solution there is an error. As the error states the LinkerScript could not be found. In your case it was inside ./Objects/f303a.sct and is generated by Keil MDK. If you now do a rebuild all temporary files and folders will be deleted and rebuild. Unfortunately the LinkerScript can only be rebuild by Keil directly and not through Embedded Studio. To avoid this happ...

Yesterday, 2:39pm

Hello, you did not adjust your source code. Please try the following: Quoted EDIT: We could reproduce the issue with the code you are using. The problem is that you are declaring only a local variable. That way the variable will only be passed between stack and registers. make sure to declare it static outside of the main function and you will be able to see live updates of the variable in the watch window. e.g. C/C++ Source code 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 static int TmpCnt; int main(void) { ...

Yesterday, 2:05pm

Hello, EDIT: We could reproduce the issue with the code you are using. The problem is that you are declaring only a local variable. That way the variable will only be passed between stack and registers. make sure to declare it static outside of the main function and you will be able to see live updates of the variable in the watch window. e.g. C/C++ Source code 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 static int TmpCnt; int main(void) { while (1) { ; TmpCnt++; TmpCnt++; TmpCnt++; }// while 1 } What target ...

Yesterday, 11:23am

Hello, Quoted Processor STM32F103 and STM32F303. The defect is the same. In your Embedded Studio project you are using a STM32F100C8 which is neither of the two target devices you mentioned. Make sure to set the correct target device in the project settings, otherwise basic features might already not work. Does that solve your issue? Best regards, Nino

Yesterday, 11:20am

SES &STM32F103RB-NUCLEO fix

Hello Sebastian. Thank you for your inquiry. I just tried to reproduce the issue so i created a sample project from the STm32F1xx package in the package manager. There was no "cannot stop target" message appearing on my setup. I used the same STM32F103RB-NUCLEO Board and converted the ST Link to our OB. Under which circumstances does the issue appear? In all projects or just a specific one? Are you using some kind of low power modes or similar that might alter or disable the debug connection? Be...

Yesterday, 11:01am

Plotting variables as a graph feature, name auto-completion feature available on SES 3?

Hello Matthew, Quoted I wrote that question because the auto-completing tab didn't appear when I was typing #define MACROs in the SES editor or I waited quite awhile to let SES auto-complete it. I will take an eye on that. Thanks for your reply. Case solved! Under some weird circumstances auto complete will not function properly. Usually restarting ES already fixes that problem for most users. Should you find a solid reproduction scenario we would appreciate to hear it so we can figure out where...

Yesterday, 10:57am

How to make the linker write binary values in a flash memory using SES

Hello Matthew, Quoted 1. How can I flash a wav file with SES? You have two options here. 1. You set the wav file as an additional load fiel. To do so go to project options -> Debug->Loader here you edit Additional Load file [0] , type and address. Now the wav file should be downloaded into the mentioned address. 2. For full control we recommend using our free tool Bin2C and convert the wav file into a C-array that you can include in your project so you have complete control on how to use it and ...

Yesterday, 10:48am

Get size of a memory segment

Hello George, Quoted But it does not lead to creating such a symbol. Am I understanding the use of size_symbol correctly ? If yes, then how can I use it to do what I need ? You are understanding the documentation correctly. Unfortunately there seems to be an issue currently with that functionality. We are investigating if this is wrong behaviour or a mistake in documentation. Nonetheless you have a working alternative you can use. Per default each section creates a size symbol the following way:...

Yesterday, 10:43am

Change register on action (run, stop, breakpoint) hook

Hello Maciej, Sorry for the delay in response. Thank you for your inquiry. Quoted Is it possible to execute a script on specific action like breakpoint, stop and run? This is currently not possible. Quoted I'm writting soft for nRF52832 using Nordic Semiconductor nRF52 SDK. The chip is programmed with so called softdevice a closed-source software which uses interrupts and co-exists with my appliacation. Every time I need to break I need to change register PRIMASK (Cortex-M4) to 1 to suppress int...

Yesterday, 10:07am

Plotting variables as a graph feature, name auto-completion feature available on SES 3?

Hi Matthew, Sorry i missed that question. Yes we have a auto-completion feature which requires no configuration from your side. Just make sure the function/variable etc. you want to autocomplete is included in the file you are editing currently. Best regards, Nino

Yesterday, 10:04am

[SOLVED]Does SEGGER ES provides "Find All Calls to" or "Find All Calls"?

Hello Matthew, We are glad to hear that you are happy with our products. I will consider this case as closed then. Best regards, Nino

Yesterday, 9:50am

[SOLVED]How to execute and debug code from RAM when using SES 3 and Cortex-M MCU

Hello Matthew, Thank you for you inquiry. Under Help->Contents search for "Linking and section placement" In that chapter it is described how to place functions into different sections e.g. RAM. You can also find the User Manual here. Best regards Nino

Yesterday, 9:44am

Hello Matthew, Thank you for you inquiry. Quoted 1. I think this is a great feature, especially when checking ADC values using a graph. Does SES 3 provide a similar feature like this? Not directly in ES but you have two options here: 1. Either use Ozone and "Data Graph" window. 2. Use our external visualization tool J-Scope that can run in parallel to ES: https://www.segger.com/products/debug-pr…/tools/j-scope/ Best regards, Nino

Yesterday, 9:33am

[SOLVED]Does SEGGER ES provides "Find All Calls to" or "Find All Calls"?

Hello Matthew, Yes this feature is available but not directly from the call graph. You can find the feature by selecting the function in the editor and right click, "Find References". Now all References of that function/variable etc. will be shown in the References window. Best regards, Nino

Yesterday, 9:25am

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. What target device are you trying to program? What J-Link are you using and what is its serial number? Could you debug the project in Keil? Best regards, Nino

Yesterday, 9:18am

Getting started prob with SES, M7 project

Hello George, Sorry for the delay in response. Thank you for pointing this out. The Sample Projects are derived from the CMSIS packs for the MCU vendor. Currently there are no "fixed" CMSIS files available. We will bring this to Microchips attention and update to the new packs once available. Sorry for any inconveniences caused. Best regards, Nino

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 9:01am

RTT logs do not appear on SES's Debug Terminal view

Hi Matthew, Quoted I see RTT messages! The yellow texts are hard to see in the white background. Anyways, you have saved my day. Thanks! Great to hear that you are up and running again. You should be able to change the color of the text and the background color of the text in the debug terminal as well. More information can be found in the user manual. Example: C/C++ Source code 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 SEGGER_RTT_WriteString(0, RTT_CTRL_RESET"Red: " \ RTT_CTRL_TEXT_BRIGHT_RED"This text is red. " \ RTT_CTR...

Wednesday, October 11th 2017, 9:59am

RTT logs do not appear on SES's Debug Terminal view

Hello Matthew, Is the J-Link RTT Viewer open while debugging with ES? If yes please close it, otherwise the RTT Viewer will grab all RTT messages away from the debug terminal. Both at the same time will not work. Quoted Also, does the color feature available when viewing RTT messages from the "Debug Termina"? The color feature is available in the ES debug terminal. Best regards, Nino

Tuesday, October 10th 2017, 2:28pm

Using SWO with Ozone

Hello Don, Quoted JLink EDU with s/n 260101749 Ok with the EDU you should see no problems running SWO trace for most targets as it supports up to 30 MHz SWO speed. Quoted I set both the Trace Clock Speed and SWO Baud Rate to 21493000 Hz, then I could see the output in the Debug Terminal. Seems slightly odd that SWODataViewer can detect the CPU speed but Embedded Studio cannot but hey, it works! First, good to hear that you are up and running again. It is still weird thought that 2 MHz would not ...

Tuesday, October 10th 2017, 1:43pm

Using SWO with Ozone

Hello Don, Quoted It's not immediately obvious to me why JLinkSWOViewer displays my output and Ozone doesn't but since I have your source to diff against I can investigate further. When does the SWOViewer Output data? When debugging from Ozone or when debugging from CLion? Quoted I tried embedded studio with the supplied project, however, when I go to Debug->Go I get an error stating "Cannot determine SWO speed" (see attached) This sounds strange. What J-Link are you using for the connection to ...