Sunday, September 24th 2017, 1:23am UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are even more results, please redefine your search.

Friday, September 22nd 2017, 5:37pm

Author: SEGGER - Niklas

Conditions for which J-LINK communication may be lost

Hi Simone, are you using low power modes in your application? Best regards, Niklas

Friday, September 22nd 2017, 2:02pm

[SOLVED] Using JlinkExe on Raspberry Pi 3 (V6.20a)

Hi, thanks for the feedback and good to hear that you are up and running Best regards, Niklas

Friday, September 22nd 2017, 11:45am

[SOLVED] Using JlinkExe on Raspberry Pi 3 (V6.20a)

Hi, I just gave it a try on a Raspberry 3 and could not reproduce any issue. Please find attached the trace of my successful try. Quoted I donwloaded the J-Link Software and Documentation pack for Linux ARM systems V6.20a on my windows PC, extracted locally there and copied the file on my Pi3 at the following location: This is most likely the cause of the issue. Extracting on windows destroys the symbolic links and the file permissions. Could you please give it a try to transfer to archive to th...

Friday, September 22nd 2017, 9:23am

Is it possible to use a Segger JLink Pro with ARM DS 5?

Hi Regan, the J-Link software package comes with a manual instruction (ManualInstallation.txt) in the folder "RDDI". Please note that it will not work with the latest version of DS-5. I would give version 5.20 or 5.22 a try. SEGGER is currently in contact with ARM regarding native support of J-Link in ARM DS-5. However, at this moment in time, there neither a release date nor a road map set for this feature. Best regards, Niklas

Friday, September 22nd 2017, 9:13am

Fail to connect to Segger J-Link Pro with Ethernet connection, using TCP/IP

Hi, the fix has been checked-in approx. 10 minutes ago and will be part of the next release, planned for release this evening. Best regards, Niklas

Thursday, September 21st 2017, 10:56am

SetRTTSearchRanges command not working

Hi Man, Quoted What demo board are you using? I am using an Actel eval board from ~2010 with a A2F200M3F device. The user guide is for a "SmartFusion Development Kit" / "A2F-DEV-KIT" and on the board itself it says "SFAD Board DVP-102-288-001 Rev B". Quoted EMC_MUX_CR = 0x00000001 EMC_CS_0_CR = 0x0020B335 - PSRAM EMC_CS_1_CR = 0x0021D3BF - NOR Flash Does not work on the board. Please understand that I can not spend time on trying to figure out the init sequence of the PSRAM from the manual. If I...

Thursday, September 21st 2017, 9:43am

SDK and C#

Hi Keith, I am sorry to hear that you are facing hassle when using the J-Link SDK in a C# environment. Unfortunately, there are currently no plans to release C# interface / version of the J-Link SDK. Quoted Who programs in C / C++ anymore on Windows anyway?? The J-Link software is available for Windows, macOS, Linux and Linux for ARM, our middle ware for embedded systems and the firmware of our hardware products are written in C / Assembler, therefore it makes sense that our desktop software is ...

Thursday, September 21st 2017, 9:06am

[SOLVED] RCC misconfiguration - cannot connect to MCU

Hi Andres, thanks for the update and good to hear that you are up and running! Best regards, Niklas

Wednesday, September 20th 2017, 4:04pm

[SOLVED] RCC misconfiguration - cannot connect to MCU

Hi Andreas, is the reset pin connected? You are using custom hardware (not an evalboard), correct? Best regards, Niklas

Wednesday, September 20th 2017, 4:02pm

J-Link BASE vs Compact

Hi, the electrical specifications are the same for both the normal and the compact version, only size and weight differs: https://www.segger.com/products/debug-pr…ls/j-link-base/ Best regards, Niklas

Wednesday, September 20th 2017, 3:59pm

Errors with J-Link EDU and custom CC2650 board (IAR Embedded Workbench)

Hi Enno, are you using an eval board or custom hardware? On some Ti eval boards, the onboard debug probe needs to separated from the target MCU in order to prevent it from interfering with the debug signals. Example: https://wiki.segger.com/CC1310_LaunchPad Best regards, Niklas

Tuesday, September 19th 2017, 6:06pm

Multi target debugging via JTAG daisy chaining

Hi, It should work when using one instance of Eclipse per core, if there are no issues on Eclipse side in regards to using two instances at the same time. Best regards, Niklas

Monday, September 18th 2017, 10:07am

Multi target debugging via JTAG daisy chaining

Hi, It is possible to debug 2 cores in a JTAG-chain at the same time using only one J-Link. 1. Create a setup (e.g. a Ozone project) which connects to the 1st core and test if programming and debugging (stepping, breakpoints etc) work 2. Create another Ozone project for the 2nd core 3. Open two instances of Ozone (= two independent Ozone windows should be open now) 4. Open the 1st project in the first instance in the first instance of Ozone and the 2nd project in the second instance of Ozone. 5....

Monday, September 18th 2017, 9:53am

Cortex A53 support?

Hi Ohnail, Support for Cortex-A53 and other ARMv8 cores is planed(!) for later this year. It will only available for J-Link ULTRA+ / PRO v4 and higher. Best regards, Niklas

Monday, September 18th 2017, 9:52am

SetRTTSearchRanges command not working

Hi, could please share the code you use the init the PSRAM? Best regards, Niklas

Friday, September 15th 2017, 9:35am

JLinkExe return code

Hi Skot, Unfortunately, this is currently not implemented. J-Link Commander is intended for development purposes. If the provided functionality for scripting / automated use is useful, we are glad, but we can not invest development time in this direction. However, I will ask on the next J-Link team meeting if we can output the error messages via stderr. As an alternative, you can adjust J-Link Commander yourself by using the J-Link SDK (Part No 8.08.06 on the price list), which ships with the so...

Friday, September 15th 2017, 9:17am

Error while compiling J-Link script file

Hi Greg, good to hear that you are up and running again! Best regards, Niklas

Thursday, September 14th 2017, 5:23pm

Schematic for Cortex-M Trace Reference Board

Hi Bruno, I just sent the schematics to the mail address specified in your forum profile. Best regards, Niklas

Thursday, September 14th 2017, 4:37pm

Schematic for Cortex-M Trace Reference Board

Hi, I just noticed that the JTAG is not supported on the Cortex-M Trace Reference Board at all. Best regards, Niklas