You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Search results

Search results 1-17 of 17.

Tuesday, September 12th 2017, 4:02am

Author: MatthewKyeo

Configurations when using Git and external diff tool with SES 3

Quoted from "SEGGER - Nino" I am a little bit confused with that question. You can only compare/diff files that are different from the currently committed file in the repository. If they are the same the diff tool will not open. I do not understand why do you want to diff two completely identical files? Hi, Nino. So, if the file has no change, which shows a green check, the diff option is not available, right? I didn't want to diff two identical files. I was hoping to diff the latest file and t...

Monday, September 11th 2017, 5:59am

Hi, Nino. Now I see what's going on!!! Take a look at my The setup looks correct. Is the path correct? Try forward slashes instead of backward slashes.As you see the video , it works with the backslash. Quoted from "SEGGER - Nino" Does the p4merge.exe accept command line parameters or is there another exe for that? Just for testing remove $(localfile) and $(remotefile) from the commandline and only leave the program path. Those parameters are correct! Quoted from "SEGGER - Nino" Green means vers...

Friday, September 8th 2017, 4:30am

Hi, Nino. I'm totally fine with the delay. [attach]1899[/attach] I use P4Merge 2017.2 for my diff/merge tool. After reading the wiki - Set up external diff tool page, I added parameters. Source code 1 2 3 C:\Program Files\Perforce\p4merge.exe $(localfile) $(remotefile) 1. The problem is that I still cannot use the "Compare" option after right clicking. [attach]1900[/attach] I still cannot choose the "Compare" option when the diff option is "None". Note that, the main.c file is committed several ...

Monday, September 4th 2017, 2:04am

Quoted from "SEGGER - Nino" It will show up when you rightclick your main.c for example. There in this context menu you will find a diff option. Hi, Nino. [attach]1882[/attach] Hmm, I don't see any menu, related to diff, after right clicking a source file. That main.c file was commited multiple times. Can you help me out with this? -Best Regards

Thursday, August 31st 2017, 3:02am

Hi, Nino. Thanks for the reply! Before closing this, I wish to ask once more, please. Quoted from "SEGGER - Nino" Quoted 3. Can Meld or P4Merge be configured as an external diff tool of SES? Yes this is possible. You will get a "VCS" option when configured correctly in the right click menu or under Project > VCS in the drop down menu. [attach]1876[/attach] Compared to configuring Git, SES automatically used the double backslash when typing the Diff command. [attach]1877[/attach] I have committed...

Friday, August 25th 2017, 3:22am

Quoted from "SEGGER - Nino" Hello Matthew, Sorry for the delay in response. Quoted 2. Do SES files, such as emProject or more, use different line endings (LF) which depend on what OS is used? Or all of these files use the same LF regardless of the OS? ES uses OS specific line endings for the .emProject file generation which would lead to different line endings once you edit the project under a different OS. Best regards, Nino Hi, Nino. I'm totally fine with the delay, so take your time. Let's c...

Wednesday, August 23rd 2017, 2:15am

[SOLVED]Possible to integrate a MISRA C checking external tool?

Quoted from "SEGGER - Nino" This is definitely on our todo list and we will be making a tutorial on our wiki that explains the setup step by step. Thanks, Nino! I'm new to the forum. I don't know whether a "close thread" feature. Anyways, the case is solved. I deeply appreciate your hard work and let's close this thread. -Best regards

Tuesday, August 22nd 2017, 9:01am

Hi, I use - STM32F4, STM32L4 Discovery boards (ST-Link is converted to J-Link) - SES 3.26 (with 64-bit Windows 10 machine & MacBook Pro Sierra 10.12) - J-Link Plus - J-Link 6.16 driver - Git 2.13.3 - SourceTree 2 as Git GUI client In the SES documents, it says; Quoted SEGGER Embedded Studio has no facility to create repositories from scratch, nor to clone, pull, or checkout repositories to a working copy: it is your responsibility to create a working copy outside of SEGGER Embedded Studio using ...

Tuesday, August 22nd 2017, 7:01am

Quoted from "SEGGER - Nino" There is currently no official documentation for this implementation but will follow shortly. For orientation how to implement other tools than lint you can use the tools.xml as reference. You can access it at: File->Open Studio Folder...-> External Tools Configuration Best regards, Nino Hi, Nino. I see. [attach]1863[/attach] Hope to see the official document soon. It would be nice if the document demonstrates the configuration using PC-Lint or Splint on a Windows 10...

Tuesday, August 22nd 2017, 3:56am

How to build and test emProject via command line for CI

Quoted from "SEGGER - Nino" Quoted 1. Can I build an emProject with command line? Depends on how you want to implement it, but generally yes. Hi, Nino. That is great news. [attach]1862[/attach] Looks like the implementation instructions are documented, which is different when using Keil MDK-ARM 5 . I was expecting something like executing SES 3 from the command prompt with additional optional parameters, like the emProject file name since the emProject file has package dependencies, library fil...

Tuesday, August 22nd 2017, 2:59am

[SOLVED]Target, Connect J-Link - Error: Check connection and target interface type

Quoted from "SEGGER - Nino" Sorry for the delay in response, it is currently vacation time and many new projects have come in making it quite a busy summer. Thank you for providing me with additional setup information, especially the J-Link Commander output is crucial here. It reads "VTref = 0.000 V" which indicates that the target is not powered and/or the debug probe gets no information about the target power and thus does not know with what voltage the debug pins should be driven. Hi, Nino. ...

Monday, August 21st 2017, 2:40am

Uploaded JLink Log

Hi, Nino. This is the log result. Source code 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 T277C 000:000 SEGGER J-Link V6.18 Log File (0000ms, 0000ms total) T277C 000:000 DLL Compiled: Aug 3 2017 16:21:33 (0000ms, 0000ms total) T277C 000:000 Logging started @ 2017-08-21 09:40 (0000ms, 0000ms total) T277C 000:000 JLINK_EMU_SelectByUSBSN(SerialNo = 0) returns 0xFFFFFFFF (0000ms, 0000ms total) T277C 000:000 JLINK_ExecCommand("EnableAutoUpdateFW", ...). returns 0x00 (0000ms, 0000ms to...

Monday, August 14th 2017, 3:04am

Hi, I'm Matthew. I use SES 3.24 on 64-bit Windows 10 machine & MacBook Pro Sierra 10.12. In the SEGGER's web page , it says that " External Tools For further analysis of your code, for example to run a MISRA check on your sources, Embedded Studio features the inclusion of external tools. You can add commands to be executed and run them on your project items. The tool output is shown in the log window, and for tools such as Lint you can jump directly to reported source lines." As shown in the Wik...

Friday, August 11th 2017, 10:46am

[SOLVED]Target, Connect J-Link - Error: Check connection and target interface type

Hi, Nino. I have re-uploaded a demo video which uses J-Link Plus and J-Link commander. Now, the SES says that "No Idcode detected". Can you help me with this?

Monday, August 7th 2017, 10:43am

Quoted from "SEGGER - Nino" You can follow the following guide: https://wiki.segger.com/J-Link_cannot_connect_to_the_CPU Could you post a screenshot of your full J-Link Commander output? Hello, sorry for the delay. I haven't received any notification after your reply. I have observed the "USB connection O.K" message from the J-Link Commander. [attach]1837[/attach] [attach]1838[/attach] For details, I have taken a video. Other programs, such as Nordic's nRFgo studio is reading my J-Link Plus wit...

Monday, August 7th 2017, 4:41am

How to build and test emProject via command line for CI

Hi, I use - STM32F4, STM32L4 Discovery boards (ST-Link is converted to J-Link) - SES 3.24 (with 64-bit Windows 10 machine & MacBook Pro Sierra 10.12) - usually C language for developing firmware I'm trying to configure a Continuous Integration (CI) environment. 1. Can I build an emProject with command line? 2. Is there unit test function available with SES? -Best Regards

Friday, July 21st 2017, 2:26am

Hi, I'm Matthew. I used Keil MDK-ARM 5 recently and I was trying to change to SEGGER Embedded Studio so I can create a firmware with my MacBook. Before testing it with the MacBook, I'm using - 64-bit Windows 10 desktop - 64-bit SEGGER Embedded Studio V3.24 (SES, Non-Commercial License) - J-Link Edu and J-Link Plus - Nordic's nRF-52 PCA10040 - STM32L4 Discovery board [attach]1809[/attach] I receive an error message; "Failed to connect to target. No idcode detected. Please check connection and Tar...