Friday, July 21st 2017, 8:42am UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are even more results, please redefine your search.

Yesterday, 3:25pm

Author: SEGGER - Niklas

J-Flash disconnect after production programming

Hi Martin, Quoted Doing "Production Programming" by pressing F7 works just fine, but target power persists after programming ended successfully. I have to go to the menu and disconnect the target manually to disable target power. This is quite annoying. May I ask why this behavior is annoying in your setup? Quoted I cannot think of any reason, why target power should stay enabled after "Production Programming"... The main use cases are as follows: a) The target executes some code after programmi...

Yesterday, 3:06pm

Connecting TMS570LS1113

Hi, Quoted If I send you CPU can you test to read it? If you sent us the board, we will take a look at this. Please note that we will not charge NREs for this investigation, but we also will not give a guarantee for success. If we cannot find a solution in a appropriate time frame, we will just sent the board back. Best regards. Niklas

Yesterday, 8:47am

Issues with JFlash.exe Flashing 2 Daisy Chained Atmel SAMG55J19 (JLink Commander.exe would Work as Expected)

Hi, thanks for the info. So the situation is as follows: While the applications are running you cannot do anything with J-Link to connect to the target. Once the internal flash is erased via the erase pin, you can connect to the target and program, unless a reset is issued, which causes the connect to fail. However, if the (erased) device is power cycled after a reset, you can connect again. Is this correct? Best regards, Niklas

Yesterday, 8:42am

Jlink edu only detects ATSAMS70N21 when connected to SAM-xplained board with ATSAME70Q21

Hi, as I said in my previous post, Quoted Click on the Button "..." to the right of the Device Box and select your target device (Selecting only the core will only work when debugging in RAM) . It seems to me that only a core was selected: Quoted Project.SetDevice ("Cortex-M7"); Is this assumption correct? Could you please give a try and specify ATSAMS70J21 as the target device?` On another note: Does the IDE you are using generate a output which contains debug symbols, like a .elf or .out file?...

Wednesday, July 19th 2017, 5:26pm

Issues with JFlash.exe Flashing 2 Daisy Chained Atmel SAMG55J19 (JLink Commander.exe would Work as Expected)

Hi, Quoted it looks like JTAG does not have the control over the chips if the applications are running. Therefore, it issues a reset by default before attempting to erase / program etc. It seems like the application gets the target in a state which causes issues when trying to connect. I am little bit confused. You say: If the applications are running, you cannot connect to the target, but you can "hard" erase it. How does this work? Best regards, Niklas

Wednesday, July 19th 2017, 5:21pm

Connecting TMS570LS1113

Hi, just noticed this Quoted Target interface speed: 12000 kHz (Fixed) Does it work when using a slower JTAG speed? (like 1000 or 50kHz) ? Best regards, Niklas

Wednesday, July 19th 2017, 5:19pm

Jlink edu only detects ATSAMS70N21 when connected to SAM-xplained board with ATSAME70Q21

Hi, the hex file contains data for 0x400000. What memory (RAM, int. Flash, external (CFI-)NOR, SPI) is available on your target device (ATSAME70Q21) @ 0x400000? Best regards, Niklas

Wednesday, July 19th 2017, 9:20am

[SOLVED] JLink EDU not working with NXP KV58F...

Hi Mike, J-Link V8 does not support Cortex-M7. Support for Cortex-M7 was added in 10/2014. Please refer to this article for an overview about the different features of each hardware version. Most new features are not backported to older J-Link Models after they reach end-of-life. J-Link V8 has been superseded by J-Link V9 in 11/2012, followed by J-Link V10 in 10/2015. In case you want to use the features available for current modells, we recommend to use our Trade-In Program. Quoted It’s simple!...

Wednesday, July 19th 2017, 9:07am

Hi, could you please give Ozone - The J-Link Debugger a try? Ozone is part of the software available for J-Link, which can be downloaded free of charge here . Ozone can be used for evaluation purposes free of charge with any J-Link. J-Link Plus or higher ship with a burned-in unlimited license for Ozone. Start OzoneIn the startup-dialog, select Create New ProjectClick on the Button "..." to the right of the Device Box and select your target device (Selecting only the core will only work when deb...

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 5:56pm

Hi, Quoted Is it the init or exit step settings are different in the two programs? J-Link Commander does not support the feature "init / exit steps". Quoted JFlash.exe, and I've tried different settings (Reset method #2 etc.) Did you try to remove all init / exit steps? Best regards, Niklas

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 5:46pm

Hi, Quoted My problem is that once connected to the board (via jtag and the board is powered by USB) J-link commander recognizes the chip as atsams70n21 or something like that instead of the atsame70q21 that is in place on the board. J-Link Commander does not "autodetect" devices. Could you please provide us with a screenshot of J-Link Commander which shows the issue? Best regards, Niklas

Thursday, July 13th 2017, 5:00pm

JFlash.exe will not enable target power

Hi, J-Trace PRO v1 does not support the target supply power feature. Reason: Normal USB 2.0 ports are limited to 500mA power draw. J-Trace PRO v1 requires more power than the J-Link EDU/BASE/PLUS and the J-Link ULTRA/PRO model families, since it features more demanding hardware in order to enable its high-speed trace features. We strongly recommend not to use the target supply power feature with J-Trace PRO v1, as it will lead to either shutdown of the J-Trace during high-demand or to over curre...

Tuesday, July 11th 2017, 11:47pm

How to log all output from JLink.exe?

Hi Pavel, Two options from my perspective: a) Execute all commands you want to log from a commandfile and redirect stdout. b) Create a custom application using the J-Link SDK (Part No 8.08.06 on the price list). The J-Link SDK ships with the source code of J-Link Commander(jlink.exe). Therefore it is easily possible to add / adjust commands to / of J-Link Commander. Best regards, Niklas

Monday, July 10th 2017, 9:47am

Connecting TMS570LS1113

Hi, I just gave it a try using a TMS570LS12x Hercules Development Kit evaluation board. Unfortunately, I could not reproduce any issues. Source code 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 SEGGER J-Link Commander V6.16f (Compiled Jul 3 2017 15:58:03) DLL version V6.16f, compiled Jul 3 2017 15:57:26 Connecting to J-Link via USB...O.K. Firmware: J-Link Pro V4 compiled Jun 16 2017 ...

Monday, July 10th 2017, 9:43am

Flasher Portable PLUS - how to hard reset

Hi, sorry for the delay in response. As of now, there is no way to reset the device once the firmware is stuck without opening the enclosure (which voids the warranty as far as I know). Please note that according to the S/N you specified, the flasher portable is inside its support period. Therefore, you can open a ticket via mail in order to receive high-priority support, which is not offered via this forum. Can you give us further information about the crash? Is there anything in the Flasher lo...

Monday, July 10th 2017, 9:13am

[SOLVED] Issue with J-Link debugger while working with bootloader on STM32F765

Hi, thanks for the feedback and good to hear that this is working for you! Quoted Please mark this as solved Done. Best regards, Niklas

Monday, July 10th 2017, 8:57am

Emulator selection popup

Hi Markus, all SEGGER J-Link software I am aware of comes with a command line option which can be used to specify the S/N of the J-Link to connect to. They are usually documented in UM08001. Quoted I tried J-Link as well, using the usb <port> command but this leads to the same popup. Are you referring to J-Link Commander? SelectEmuBySN is the command line option which selects an emulator connected via USB by its S/N. Best regards, Niklas

Friday, July 7th 2017, 7:12pm

Why doesn't flashing OpenSDA firmware work on OSX?

Hi, This is a limitation of the OpenSDA bootloader, which can not be lifted by SEGGER. Please note that it is explicitly mentioned on the website that OpenSDA firmware flashing is not supported on macOS. https://www.segger.com/products/debug-pr…opensda-sda-v2/ Best regards, Niklas